March 7, 2014
About Two Degrees
Two Degrees, a division of Slalom, LLC, is an accounting and finance recruiting firm headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in Portland, and Phoenix. Through our recruiting team, clients can hire the best, brightest and most passionate financial executives, managers and professionals on a permanent, project and interim basis.
With professionals coming from Big 4 and industry, Two Degrees knows accounting. Leveraging our long-term, personal relationships with clients, and our extensive network, Two Degrees can fit the right person to the right role. Two Degrees provides a fun, challenging atmosphere and a positive work/life balance.
The company is looking for a Recruiter to join the Portland team. The position will be closely involved in efforts to achieve the Company’s strategic goals.
The ideal candidate is energized by identifying and placing top Accounting and Finance candidates for our valued client base. The candidate should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and source candidates who are not necessarily looking for a change in their career. The ability to identify and meet with quality candidates is essential for success in this role.
- Work with the local Portland Two Degrees team to source, screen and recruit top performing, experienced Accounting and Finance professionals
- Actively identify, target and meet with top performing candidates for both permanent and interim Accounting and Finance positions
- Network, build relationships and sell the Two Degrees Brand within the community, Two Degrees sponsored events, and local community organizations
- Collaborate with hiring leaders to understand their ideal candidates
- Assist clients in the scheduling and facilitation of interviews and compensation negotiations
- Identify effective sourcing, recruiting and networking strategies to build a network of experienced Accounting and Finance professionals
- 5+ years of experience
- An established professional network in accounting or finance
- Bachelors degree in business, accounting or finance preferred
- Ability to develop leads, network, and build strong professional relationships
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Preferred Qualifications
- Big 4 or large regional firm experience
- Recruiting or consulting experience
- Additional Valuable Skills and Abilities
- Teamwork with the Business Development and overall team is a critical factor for the success of this role
- Professional demeanor with strong business acumen
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment while overcoming obstacles and remaining positive
- Ability to respond promptly to client’s needs and issues with a sense of urgency
- Effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to create and develop strong, lasting business relationships
- Strong knowledge of the internal operations and organizational structures of both small and large organizations
- Ability to creatively identify top performers in the industry
- Ability to adapt to and embrace change